The Board of Directors exists to ensure that the Corteza project does not act in a manner contrary to the public interest i.e. the welfare or well-being of the general public.
The Policy Layer is the “conscience” of the Corteza project. It takes its orientation from government legislation, from public policy and from social values as promoted by certain elements of the the not-for-profit sector. It exists to constantly improve the public interest nature of the Corteza platform.
The Functional Layer defines detailed feature specifications for the technical layer based on:
1) Recommendations and requests from the Policy Layer
2) Recommendations and requests from the Technical Layer
3) User and Market Research
The Functional Layer is also responsible for User Acceptance Testing.
The Technical Layer is the engineering department of the Corteza project. It delivers:
1) Software code based on the specifications written by the Functional Layer.
2) Software code from third parties where the purpose least one new Working Group for the software has been approved by the Board of Directors and the feature set has been approved by the Functional Layer Lead.
3) Bug-fixing in the existing project.
The Policy, Functional and Technical Layers are composed of Working Groups, each made up of a minimum of two individuals (Lead + Secretary). Working Groups are based around fulfilling a specific and well-defined “Purpose”, which has been approved by the Board of Directors. There is no limit to the number of Working Groups in which a Member or Director can take part provided that they actively contribute.